Lancaster Cycling Club was founded back in 1924 in Lancaster. Members ages range from early teens to well past retirement age.
From March each year, until mid September, the club organises a variety of racing events. These include:
- Open and club time trials at 10, 25 & 50 miles.
- Hilly TT’s & SpoCo events
- Hill climb events
- Road racing at Salt Ayre Cycling Track
- A series of weekly evening Time Trials
In addition, we also hold a Club 10 mile Time Trial on the superfast Levens (L1015) course. This is held on the four Bank Holiday Monday’s through the year.
Winners of these events receive prizes and awards at the club’s annual dinner dance in November/December. Trophies awarded include ones for the club senior, junior, women’s & veterans Best All Rounder. This is based on individual times for time trial races over various distances. In addition, there are awards for performances in individual races and the season long 10 mile time trial series. Finally, there are also awards made to the most improved novice, most meritorious ride of the year and the keenest young member of the club.
Anyone of any age is eligible to join the club. Subscriptions are currently free for juveniles (under 16) and juniors (under 18) and £15 for all seniors.
- Eligibility to compete in club and inter-club events.
- Able to wear the distinctive club racing jerseys.
- Support and comradeship from one of the oldest clubs in north west Lancashire
For further details around membership, please contact the club President, Bob Muir, on Lancaster 62250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org