Tower Hill Water Tower is a disused water tower and local landmark in Ormskirk, West Lancashire.
Situated on the east side of Tower Hill, it was built between 1853-4 for Ormskirk Local Board of Health. In fact, it is nd is reputed to be the oldest remaining water tower in the country. It was awarded Grade II* listed status in 1976, and is on the Heritage at Risk Register. The area immediately surrounding the tower has been used as allotments since the mid 20th century
The tower is built in the Romanesque Revival style. Furthermore, it is constructed of coursed, squared sandstone, and arranged in a square plan. On each side are two narrow full-height Romanesque arches, all with stepped surrounds and arch-bands, and linked by an impost band. Above the arches is a plain frieze with carved grotesques at the corners, topped with machicolated corbelling. The stone is a pale red and mottled form of Ormskirk Sandstone, probably extracted from nearby Ruff Wood.
In its present state, tower hill water tower stands at a height of approximately 17 metres (56 ft). Originally, the stonework was surmounted by a metal water tank with a pitched slate-covered roof, which added an extra 6.2 metres (20 ft) to the height of the structure. Due to its poor condition, the tank was removed in the early 1990s.