Helmshore Mill Textile Museum in the Rossendale & Hyndburn region is made up of two original Lancashire textile mills.
Indeed, these are ‘Higher Mill’ and ‘Whitaker’s Mill’. Together, these are known as Helmshore Mill Textile Museum.
The Mill is nestled away in the quiet village of Helmshore, in the stunning Rossendale Valley.
- Soak up the atmosphere of the historic mills. Furthermore, witness original machinery at work.
- Discover how raw wool and cotton were transformed into yarn, ready to be woven into cloth.
- Experience the Revolution gallery. In fact, you can follow the story of Lancashire’s unique role in the industrial revolution.
- Imagine how the grand and mighty waterwheel powered the stocks, as they thumped the wet woollen cloth.
- Have fun and learn in an exceptional environment. Indeed, there are many activities, events and special exhibitions.