Blackpool Tower is one of the Uk’s most iconic landmarks and destinations.
Indeed, the tower a symbol of the North West of England. Built between 1891-1894, the tower is 518 foot high and is a grade one listed building. The iconic monument was inspired by the Eiffel Tower in Paris. In fact, its architects were Maxwell and Tuke of Manchester, both of whom died before the Tower was completed.
CELEBRATING 125 YEARS!
The Tower has stood tall over the Fylde Coast for 125 years this year. On May 14th 1894, it opened to the world. Sir John Bickerstaffe, a former mayor of Blackpool was at the helm at the time. With a building full of attractions at its base, it was soon coined as ‘Wonderland of the World’!
Here are some of the main attractions in the tower:
- THE TOWER CIRCUS first opened to the public on 14 May 1894 and has not missed a season since.
- THE TOWER BALLROOM – Step into the sensationally stylish Blackpool Tower Ballroom and prepare to be lost in a world of elegant charm and refined beauty.
- TOWER EYE – Discover stunning panoramic views, a 4D Cinema & look down below from our great glass floor.
- DUNGEON – The Blackpool Tower Dungeon, it’s hilarious fun and it’s sometimes a bit scary.
- DINO MINI GOLF – Travel back in time and ROAR like a dinosaur at The Blackpool Tower’s Dino Mini Golf attraction.
- THE FIFTH FLOOR – Opening on 13th September 2019, the brand new family entertainment space is multi-purpose for conferencing, banqueting and family shows.
- MADAME TUSSAUD’S BLACKPOOL – Madame Tussauds Blackpool offers a immersive celebrity experience unlike any other. Mixing the best of British with international stars.
- SEA LIFE BLACKPOOL – SEA LIFE Blackpool is packed with fascinating creatures.
The Blackpool tower isn’t just a Blackpool treasure, it’s a national treasure!